Thursday, July 5, 2007

Post 4th

Ok, I took a couple days off from the internet. Whateva.

I went and saw Transformers on Tuesday night. I have to admit that if special effects was the only criterion for measuring the value of a movie then this is the best movie I've ever seen. Leave it to Spielberg's Industrial Light and Magic to create such an amazing film. Also, the 2009 Chevy Camaro is in this film and that is one beautiful machine. I would almost trade my '68 for the new one, but I'm a little attached to what I've got. I love Chevy.

The movie was much more fulfilling than the fireworks display in Chickasha last night. I was really disappointed. Last year's show was really good, but this year was sloppy and exciting like a nursing home. I'm just glad that seeing my family made the trip worthwhile.

My first exam in Organic Chemistry II is tomorrow morning. Quite a few students are considering dropping the course because our professor's speech is so unintelligible. I've had foreign professors before, but this guy might as well be speaking in Hindi. He'll say some jibberish and then say, "You undastand dis? I speaky Engliss." Really, Doc? Really? You could have fooled me...
Oh well, I can't complain too much, otherwise, I'll let it consume my focus which will keep me from learning the material from the text. I don't really have much choice in taking the course. It has to be taken and he's teaching it this coming Fall also. I might as well get it over with. Three more weeks after this one and I'm done. I get a three-week break and then school starts again. I was really hoping to go somewhere for a mini-vacation, but I don't see that happening. I'll just read a book and get a job. I can always go on a vacation in my mind. :-/

Anyway, I'm headed to the gym. It'll be the first time in over a month since I've been there, but I'm out of shape and want to look good. My car shouldn't be the only thing I've got to attract chicks. ;-)

That's all for today. Stay classy, Planet Earth.

No comments: