Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Unique

Something is either unique or it isn't. There are no degrees of uniqueness.

I'm in a unique situation experiencing emotions that are not unique. I'm scared. I'm frustrated. I feel hopeful and hopeless at the same time. I've still got some of the happy-go-lucky state of mind from my childhood, but I'm feeling the need to grow up. I don't want to do that. Everyone has to do it - even those who never really knew what a gift their childhood was when they had it; if they had it. This is such a strange existence I have. My past has been plagued with overwhelming anxiety and self-doubt. If anyone told me I couldn't do something I believed them, but I haven't given up. I won't. I can't. I've come too far to give up. I'm not here to validate myself in the eyes of the world, but to validate myself in my own eyes. I'm here to know what it feels like to be truly successful. I'm here to know what it is to accomplish my greatest dream and continue to live it.

There are so many things I want, but I'd mostly love not to feel so alone. I've spent my past isolated from the friends and family I love, whether emotionally or physically. I'm still looking for someone I can connect with without fear of judgment or that awkward feeling when putting oneself out there. I'd love my friends to know that I think of them as family and not just friends.
I may not have many close friends, but I'd give my life for the few I have. I have a lot of love to give and few who might return it. I feel unique in this situation, but I know I'm not. No one likes being alone all the time.

I'm might be ready for a relationship. I don't know yet.

Something is either unique or it isn't. Which am I?

No comments: