Friday, March 28, 2008

Short Adventure

I know I said I wouldn't be heard from for a while but I felt compelled to leave a note before leaving on my trip to Lawrence, KS to see the band Explosions in the Sky. If you don't know of them I suggest doing some research. I've fallen in love with their music.
Anyway, I had planned on taking a friend with me but things didn't turn out the way I had originally hoped.
No matter. I've decided to see how much I'll enjoy going somewhere on my own. I'm looking forward to it. Fuel may be expensive but I can handle it. It will be a 9-hour round-trip.

I've been listening to a lot of music lately. It helps me make better sense of the arguments I have about God in my head. No matter the differences I have with the people who falsely claim to really know God, I can't help but continue to search for Him and to do so without their coaching. It wouldn't matter if I had tangible proof that God did not exist. I will always want to believe he really is out there. I'll always have this sense that he is. I'll always look for him. He is in everything. And whether or not Jesus Christ truly was the Son of God will not change the beauty in his words or the spiritual poetry in what he taught. Regardless of the doubts I have and the renunciations I've made, the hateful thoughts and spiteful attitudes I've had toward the God and the Christ whose mouthes today's "Christians" so nonchalantly speak for, I cannot continue to pretend that there is no higher being. He's out there. He's in the room you're reading this in. He's in the cellular pathways I study. He's behind the evolution I firmly believe in. And even if Jesus was merely a thought put down on paper, I'd like to believe that God was behind that thought. It's a thought I can believe in. Because of that, I can say that I believe in Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry for the bad things I've done, but I don't regret them. I wouldn't know what I know if I hadn't made those mistakes. All evil is undone by good. Good things came from the bad things I've done.

I do not think of the Bible in literal terms. I take a loose metaphysical approach. Even then, I won't budge on the portions where Jesus speaks. I'm not going to proselytize and try to convert anyone. I had to find my belief on my own. The only thing I can do is encourage others to do a bit of soul-searching. Whether you come to the same conclusions I have makes no difference. No one can make you believe something.

It's nearly 2:00pm and I have a long drive ahead of me. Feel free to drop me a line. Being alone on the road is exciting, but daily loneliness is another thing altogether. I'll always have the need for someone to talk with. I'd like to have a brother or two. Someone to talk nonsense with, have a heated argument with, drink a beer with, play catch with, or just hang out with would be a welcome change for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts. I'm sick of a Christianity that is the same as everyone elses'. We must all find God for ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.