Monday, February 4, 2008

DO NOT WANT!

I have to stay awake. I'm usually a huge fan of sleep, but I realize that doing well this semester will depend on the amount of time I spend awake. I slept about 4 hours early this morning and now I have to do everything within my power to stay awake. My subconscious must be masochistic because I went to the most sleep-inducing place on campus: the library. And what am I doing to stay awake? I'm blogging. I'm talking about it. The worst thing you can do is talk about it. It's like a girl you know you should have asked out. The more you think about it the more you wish you'd done something about it. I should be pretending that the need for sleep doesn't exist. I mean, this is college. I'm not supposed to sleep. I'm supposed to study, party, work, and work out. Sleep is not included. I don't get to party though.
Evolution is stupid. Our bodies should be using energy more efficiently. Why do we have to have sleep? I mean, who in their right minds wants to sleep a third of their lives away? It makes our life expectancies look like a joke. Sure, we're living to be about 80 years old these days, but how much more impressive would it be if we didn't have to sleep 26.667 of those years away? Think about how much more we could accomplish in those 80 years of not sleeping.
So, enough about sleep. I'm going to NOT sleep and get some studying done for all of my -ologies.

No comments: