Wednesday, February 6, 2008

6 February 2008

Things are going well. I'm studying hard and learning things I never thought I'd learn. I'm getting better acquainted with myself and - believe it or not - I'm not such a bad guy after all. There aren't many things I would change about my life. I'm eating healthy, working out and getting back in shape, studying hard, and even working some. I'm planning on taking the MCAT soon, looking forward to taking some much-needed time off this coming summer, and I'm even planning on taking a vacation somewhere soon. I've decided to learn Spanish but I won't be learning it through the university. I'll do whatever it takes to learn but I'm not going to pay $3000 for courses that don't teach real language fluency.
So, a lot is about to happen in my life. I can't say for certain what exactly will happen, but I can feel it coming. I feel that not being prepared for the turn I'm about to take may ruin my chances of getting where I want to be in life.
I get a feeling of hope and optimism at this time every year. This year seems different - like something will actually happen to justify that sense of optimism. I feel like a lot of good is headed my way and I don't know what I should do to prepare myself for it all. I guess the best thing for me to do is to continue refining myself like I have been. This feels like the beginning of a beautiful thing. I hope it is.
The MCAT scares me though. ;)

That's all for now.

No comments: