Thursday, May 15, 2008

Room to Breathe

The spring semester is over. I'm trying to avoid looking at my grades. This semester was really difficult. Right now I'd rather believe I did well because I did my best.

Anyway, it's nice to have a little room to breathe. I don't have to be in class or wake up by a certain time. I'm trying to be up reasonably early though. Sleeping the morning away makes me feel like I've wasted an entire day. I only work weekends right now and that's helpful. My weekdays are my own for a couple weeks. Summer school starts June 2nd and I've already enrolled in my phlebotomy course at Moore Norman. In August, I should be to say I've successfully completed six hours of college credit (5 of those with "A" as a grade) and a certification course. I can't begin to say how much I've needed a few successes in my life.

Along with my academic progress this summer, I've dedicated myself to exercising and lifting. It's time I got in shape. I owe it to myself to make that happen. The plan right now is to lift in the mornings and be active in the evenings.

Also, I've found a way to get help with my learning "difference" and am actively pursuing the help. I have to talk with a bunch of people about it and go through quite a few tests, but I'm facing the problem and working to overcome it.

So, I have some room to breathe but I'm using it to better myself. I'm not going to sit still and allow myself to under-perform. This is my time to shine and I intend to do so.

I'm still searching for quite a few things, but I won't get them without some personal growth. I need an adventure and since Norman doesn't have anything to offer in the area of adventures I've bought OU football season tickets. Take that, mediocrity!

Write me! I'd like to hear your thoughts.

No comments: